8X42 HG L DCF BINOCULAR NIKON
- Extra-Low Dispersion Eco-Glass
- Phase-Corrected Dielectric Roof Prisms
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics
- Wide 60° Apparent Angle of View
Taking its place at the top of Nikon's flagship series, 8x42 Monarch HG Binocular is engineered with complementary technologies to produce an optic that is built to perform in low light and the harshest conditions
Taking its place at the top of Nikon's flagship series, 8x42 Monarch HG Binocular is engineered with complementary technologies to produce an optic that is built to perform in low light and the harshest conditions.
First is the use of lead- and arsenic-free extra-low dispersion (ED) glass in the lens elements to correct chromatic and spherical aberrations. Next are phase-corrected and dielectric-coated roof prisms, which further limit internal light loss and interference and improve image contrast. The optical path is fully multi-coated with anti-reflection coatings, which increase light transmission, image contrast, and sharpness and provide true color rendition. Finally is the use of Nikon's field-flattener system, which eliminates the distortion common at the lens edges, producing crisp details along the far periphery of the wide field of view. This all translates to bright and clear, high-contrast images with accurate color across the field of view—especially at low light such as early morning and late evening, and under heavily overcast skies.
The chassis is built with a short bridge design, which presents more gripping surface and helps to reduce the overall weight. Made to survive use outdoors, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make them not only fogproof when moving between extreme temperature changes, but also waterproof and submersible. The exterior has textured, rubberized panels that protect against knocks and drops and offers a slip-resistant grip for sure handling in cold and wet conditions. Nikon includes tethered objective lens covers and ocular rainguard to ensure they cannot be lost easily and are ready for use at a moment's notice.
Engineered for performance and durability, the Monarch HG will be your constant companion when conquering any peak or braving any storm.
- 8x power magnifies objects while yielding a larger exit pupil and wider field of view versus higher-power optics for a more comfortable viewing experience
- Moderate 42mm objective lens diameter improves low-light performance without excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path helps to maintain a slim profile for easier and more comfortable handling
- Extra-low dispersion glass reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coatings minimize internal light loss to maintain image brightness and improve contrast and clarity
- Phase-corrected prisms eliminate internal interference in the light path to improve contrast and resolution
- Anti-reflection, fully multi-coated optics produce bright, high-resolution images
- Field-flattener lens system corrects lens-edge distortion for clearer views at the edge of the field of view
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view produces an immersive observational experience with less disorientation when used on rough or rolling seas
- Generous 435' field of view at 1000 yards
No posts found