- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
Often described as the ideal lens for portraiture, the AFS 85MM F1.4 G LENS NIKKOR is a short-telephoto prime characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture and ability to isolate subjects using shallow depth of field. The slightly long focal length and fast design are complemented by a rounded nine-blade diaphragm, which helps to achieve a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality. Individual elements feature both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings, which suppress lens flare and ghosting in order to produce greater contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast and precise autofocus capabilities along with full-time manual focus control.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture helps to isolate subjects and achieve shallow depth of field effects. This bright design also excels in low-light conditions.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
No posts found