- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/22
- Two High Refractive Index Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
Offering a natural perspective along with a fast maximum aperture, the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM from Canon is a versatile normal-length prime characterized by its bright f/1.4 aperture to suit working in low-light conditions and for producing shallow depth of field imagery. This lens also features a Gaussian optics design, along with two high refractive index elements, to control spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the optical design is a micro USM, which enables quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Normal prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Gaussian optics design, which includes two high refractive index elements, notably reduces distortion and spherical aberrations for high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A micro Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
No posts found