- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- One AA Element; Four Aspherical Elements
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
A compact and weather-resistant option, the Sony 16-35mm FE F4 ZA OSS SLR Lense for Camera from Sony will satisfy nearly all the wide-angle needs of full-frame E-mount shooters. It also features a constant f/4 aperture for consistent performance and illumination throughout the zoom range. Ensuring optimal image quality, the lens design incorporates five aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical (AA), three extra-low dispersion elements, and the Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating. This combination delivers images that are free from aberrations and flare.
For smooth operation, the lens uses a linear autofocus motor and an internal focusing design. Also, it is equipped with Optical SteadyShot to dramatically reduce the effects of camera shake on your images. Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Based on the Zeiss Tessar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in ten groups that helps ensure a smaller overall lens size along with reduced flaring, distortion, and chromatic aberrations.
- Covering ultra-wide to wide-angle perspectives, this compact 16-35mm will pair nicely with Sony's full-frame E-mount cameras. It can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide a 24-52.5mm equivalent zoom range.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements, including one large-diameter Advanced Aspherical (AA) element, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
No posts found