Tokina ATX Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 Pro DX-II Lens for Nikon F, Black
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Internal Silent Focusing AF Motor
- One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism
The AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens for Nikon F by Tokina is an ultra-wide angle autofocus zoom lens with a fast constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. The AT-X 116 PRO DX-II lens is designed for digital cameras with APS-C-size CMOS or CCD sensors. Its angle of view ranges from 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8". Nine diaphragm blades help to produce soft out-of-focus backgrounds while two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements and two aspheric elements help to achieve excellent contrast, sharpness and minimal chromatic aberration. As an update to their AT-X 116 PRO DX, Tokina has improved the multi-layer coatings to minimize light reflection and improve optical performance. This updated PRO DX-II also has an internal silent focusing motor that allows the lens to utilize autofocus on Nikon cameras that do not have an AF drive gear and motor.
Tokina's One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism allows the photographer to switch between autofocus and manual focus with a simple push of the focus ring. Snapping it forward into autofocus and back into manual focus is all that needs be done, there's no need to adjust the AF/MF switch on the camera body.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light situations and also aids in creating a shallow depth of field.
- An internal silent focusing motor allows the lens to use autofocus on Nikon bodies that do not have an AF drive gear and motor.
- Two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements and two aspheric elements, as well as improved multi-coating, achieve excellent sharpness and contrast and reduce aberrations.
- The One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism offers a simple switch from manual focus to autofocus and back again. The focus ring snaps forward for AF and back for MF. It's operable with one hand and eliminates the need to switch from AF to MF on the camera body.